Sunday, July 27, 2014

Relearning to Trust




It has been over a week I have called Arizona my home
One week since I moved out of my place of comfort
One week since I said goodbye to my family
One week since we drove 22 hours to my new home

"See, I am doing a new thing! 
Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? 
I am making a way in the desert..."
Isaiah 43:19  

The past couple days I have experienced weather I have never seen
Lightening storms that take up the whole sky 
Thunder that shakes the house
Sandstorms that blow over an entire city
I sit outside in 100 degree weather and I don't want to rush inside
I want to feel the heat
I want to hear the gentle winds blowing and see clouds darkening
A storm must be coming in
Surprisingly, I feel at home

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, 
I will counsel you and watch over you.
Psalm 33:8

Why am I so "surprised" that I feel at home?
I knew this move was coming
I knew it was coming a year ago, I just didn't know where
The Lord prepared me for this change
He took the year to teach me, mold me, transform me and my heart for this

He has provided a heart that is at peace regardless of not having a job
He has provided a heart that is calm regardless of not knowing where I will live
He has provided a heart that finds beauty in the heat, the desert and hills
He has provided a heart that is brave to seek out new friends
He has provided a confidence to attend a new church by myself s 
He has provided

The Lord has provided many doors for me down here
However, the most challenging part right now is relearning to trust Him
See, my life was easy in Seattle
I had my friends close
 I had my family closer
I had a steady job
I knew where I would be living 

Right now, I have none of that 
I have no other choice but to TRUST Him
Trust Him when the future looks unknown
Trust Him to provide... even the smallest details
Trust Him He will keep His promises

My Grace is sufficient for you - 2 Cor. 12:9
God is faithful, He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear-  1 Cor. 10:13
He gives VICTORY- 1 Cor. 10:57 
He works everything for the good for those who love Him- Romans 8:28 
The peace which transcends all understanding- Phil. 4:7 
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give the desires of your heart- Psalm 37:4 

The Lord has reminded me that my perspective on this new chapter needs to be bigger and broader
I am not down here to create a new comfortable and convenient life
I am here because the Lord has a plan for me here
He has placed dreams and visions in me that seem overwhelming and terrifying
But I will keep moving forward because trusting Him is all I can do 

I will keep moving forward because I know when we go through a storm, being uncomfortable, a change or tough situation, we are met with divine purpose at the end
I am trusting Him that this small act of obedience will open up big doors to my divine purpose

If you are faithful in little things, 
you will be faithful in large ones
Luke 16:10

So, how am I doing?
Really well 
I am finding my own life down here in the desert
I am finding beauty in the heat, desert, mountains and hills
I found a gym I love and already have a few workout pals
I have loved driving and discovering new places around Phoenix
I am meeting up with new connections and friends 
I have found a church I love to worship at and hope to get involved

It only has been a week but feels like more 
I don't know how I will feel in a month or a year
But I do know, when I start to get lonely, I will trust Him
When I start to feel homesick, I will trust Him
When I start to feel lost, I will trust Him









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!