Thursday, June 6, 2013

Amazing Grace




Have you ever been in life funk?
I have been in a few many in my lifetime
You know, the ones where you are 100% positive God just gave up on you
Threw His hands in the air and said "That's it, Jessie is hopeless!"
Ok, little dramatic but I am sure I am not all alone
My quiet times have been rushed and inattentive on my end
My trust throughout the day has been lacking
I am anxious, overwhelmed and tired
Where is my MOJO?!

If only I could...
...eat better
..workout longer
....read my Bible more

The more time I spend thinking I don't have time to do anything right, 
the more I stress out and the vicious cycle starts all over again the next day
If only____

If you don't know I throw myself really good pity parties


Tonight I had enough
I wont be getting to bed early
I will probably have a nighttime snack 
I haven't showered from my 60, 30 minute workout
And you know what I have been realizing?

I am blessed
I am more than blessed

While I have been looking for the world to fill the void 
He has been showing me Grace
Chasing after me is His Grace
Everyday
I feel Him whispering to slow down and come to Him
To stop fighting the world when the world will never give me peace
The world will never fill any void 
No matter how hard try, the world says I am not enough
But in Him, I find rest

Our God is the God of more than enough
In Him I find my true purpose in this world


No matter where I go, He has his two blessing men right there in hot pursuit: goodness and mercy, and no shadow of death can overshadow the goodness and mercy that shadows the child of God.
-Ann Voskamp

So in the words of the wise Joyce Meyer
"God wants progression, not perfection"

I will keep pushing on
Not to perfection
Not to the standards of this world
but towards Him


We spend all of our time seeking God for answers to our problems,
when what we should be doing is just seeking God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!