Monday, December 7, 2015

Be a Farmer of Your Dreams




If you are anything like me, being patient is not easy
And it is especially hard for me to be patient with my dreams

That dream of a blog with a platform to encourage thousands of women
That dream of starting a ministry
That dream of getting married
That dream of writing a book

Those dreams that seem to be taking waaaay too long
Well, in my naive, selfish, human opinion

But listen to what God says;

With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. God isn’t late with his promise as some measure lateness... He’s giving everyone space and time to change." 
2 Peter 3:

I might be in a hurry, but God is always on time
I might be anxious, but God is always calm
I might think I am ready, but God says,"not just yet, daughter"

He is never late or early in keeping His promises
He is always ON TIME

So, what can we do while in the waiting...
 We prepare by planting seeds of faithfulness in our life

The "seed and harvest" cycle is a way of life for progress to occur
When farmers plant seeds they EXPECT it to harvest when the time is right


We are farmers of our dreams and every day we are planting seeds for our future

When can choose to plant seeds of joy and happiness when we want to be bitter
We can choose to plant seeds of service and generosity when we don't feel like helping
We can choose to plant seeds of faith, trust, and belief in the midst of fear and doubt
 We can choose to plant seeds of boldness and expectation in the midst of confusion

However, we also must be aware of the GAP time of planting those seeds and harvest
The time in between can be miserable and extremely difficult, but also necessary
During this time is God working on our hearts- even when we can't see it

This time is where our hearts are refined 
We grow as leaders
We grow as women of faith
We grow as mothers, daughters and wives as we wait
Then, when the time for the harvest comes, we will be prepared 


So, at the end of my day, sometimes it isn’t about how many items I checked off my list, how many blog followers I have, LIKES on Facebook, or how many pages I wrote in my book 

Sometimes, it just about knowing I did my best to plant as many seeds as I could to help nurture those dreams- seeds of love for others and love for my God

Because by the Law of Harvest and by the Law of God's Perfect Timing
I WILL reap the blessings when the time is right 

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
Galatians 6:9 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!