Friday, January 22, 2016

{Believe} Boldly

When the New Year comes, I always think it's a good idea to choose a word to reflect on
But, I have never done it...
...until this year 

Call it a sense
Call it a feeling
Call it a knowing
Call it the Holy Spirit 
But this year feels different than any other year 
 So, to be different I decided to choose a word 
BELIEVE
AND... I even chose a bible verse to go with it
Yay me! 


This past year I didn't think of a word 
But if I were to describe the year, it would be the year of preparation
That is what I am going to call it
It was also a year full of new beginnings, growth, and lessons learned
 And my favorite, lots of pruning of relationships, bad thinking habits & selfishness
It was both painful and joyful all at the same time knowing that pruning always leads to sweeter fruit

And all of that pain and joy was preparation for THIS year 
That is what I am BELIEVING

I am also believing that in 2016 the Lord will open up doors only He can open
I am believing for unusual miracles
I am believing my deepest desires to come true
I am believing for chains to be broken and miraculous healing
I am believing for answers to my boldest prayers
I am believing for a bigger platform to be used for His Glory
I am believing for stronger confidence and bolder faith
I am believing for my deepest dreams to be fulfilled 
And I am believing my biggest goals to be accomplished 

"What you BELIEVE about God will directly determine the legacy of your faith and your impact on the world for the Glory of God" 
- Steven Furtick 

I am believing God will show up big time in 2016
Why?
Because I want to leave a big legacy for His Glory 
Because I want to make an impact on this world
I am believing boldly because this is what I know about my God;

1) He is faithful to those who BELIEVE

Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. 
In fact, his faith grew stronger and in this he brought Glory to God. 
He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises.
Romans 4:20-21 

Keep in mind, that the Lord your God is the only God. 
He is a faithful God who keeps His promise
Deuteronomy 7:9 

 2) He is faithful to complete the good works He started

Being confident of this, He who began the good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ
Phil. 1:6 

3) He is loves to give the desires of our heart 

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart
Psalm 37:4

4)  He always gives us more than we ever dream or imagine

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine
Ephesians 3:20 

5)  He is not an ordinary God, so our lives shouldn't be either 

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth
Genesis 1:1 

 6) He is loving

For God so LOVED the world He gave His only begotten son, 
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life
John 3:16  

All over the Bible, there are examples of ordinary people, with extraordinary BELIEF
And because of their faith, amazing things happened in their life for His Glory
This is the kind of belief I want this year

I will be a woman who believes in the promises of God
I will be a woman who believes that God will fulfill her desires
I will be a woman who believes her God is trustworthy and faithful, even if

The best part?
He promises it only takes the faith of a mustard seed
(if you don't know, they are extremely small)

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to that mountain "move from here and there" and it will move
Matthew 17:20 


Will you join me in BELIEVING that God is able, willing and ready to make this a life-changing, extraordinary year for you too? 


My and my girls




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!