Tuesday, April 2, 2013

He Is Risen


"For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."
John 3:17


I have always known that "Jesus died for our sins'
I was taught to be thankful that He died instead of me
So of course I was thankful!
But I never fully understood what that truly meant
Jesus died for me?
WHY?

On that day, Jesus was crucified
The Creator took the fall for the created
The Innocent One bore the punishment for the convicted;
and the Savior of all mankind spread open His arms in love for you and I,
when he died on that cross
 - lifting the heavy weight of our sins onto himself


He died so we may live
He died and took on EVERY SIN
Past, present and future of ALL mandkind
ALL MANDKIND
That is A LOT of sin

But this Easter is different than the past
Not only has my faith grown
But my love for Jesus has ignited full force in my heart
I have a passion for Him deeper than I ever thought possible
I have gotten to know Jesus more
I have fallen more in love with our loving and almighty God
He has become my best friend
My #1 relationship in my life


truth

So, this Easter was more than being thankful what Jesus did for us 
This Easter, for the first time, I truly saw (thanks to the amazing Bible Series) and felt what it meant for Jesus, best friend whom I LOVE deeply, die for me
My best friend was betrayed
My best friend was beaten down
My best friend mocked and spit on
My best friend was crucified for me
For me!?
FOR ALL OF US
All our selfishness, pride, doubt- ALL our sin
Humbling
Undeserving

But death doesn’t win



Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins
On the 3rd day He rose from the dead
Because He the power to defeat death
He has the power to give eternal life
And guess what!? He is offering it to all of us as a gift
FREE GIFT of Eternal life
You don’t need to work for it
You don’t have to pay for it
You don’t have to be good enough
"Come as you are, I did all the work for you
I DID IT"
Because He lives, we can face tomorrow
Because He lives, we have faith, hope and love
Because He lives, we have the gift of eternal life



HAPPY EASTER MY FRIENDS! 
May you always remember the power upon that cross and the love from our Savior to die for us and give us eternal life


I got to spend the weekend loving on this little one!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!