Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Transformation


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
 
2 Cor. 5:17
 
 
This is me
On a stage
In front of people
Scary right?!
 
Public speaking is not something I am natural at doing
In fact, I think I heard somewhere it was the #1 fear in America
I attended a Monday night Basic Training for Advocare
The plan was to arrive and listen to some amazing leaders share their wisdom and heart
So when I arrived I was not expecting to share anything much less my personal story
On stage
In front of people
 
When my leader asked me to share my first thought was,
 "Are you joking? No one wants to hear what I am doing with Advocare or my personal story"
Doubt, fear...instantly set in
 
How silly was that?
 
All to often I think we doubt what we have to offer
Obviously I do!
Even if it is from a simple, short story
 
We doubt what God has been transforming inside us
We doubt why He would give us opportunities to share our passion
We doubt the strength and confidence He promises to give us
 
"Abundant life exists right outside your comfort zone"
 
With my heart pounding, my hands trembling I shared my story
I shared from my heart
It wasnt perfect and my voice was shaking
But I did it
 
And you know what?
Whether with Advocare or another event,
I have no doubt that this was not the last time I will be on stage
 
Sharing my heart
Sharing my passion
Sharing my faith and purpose
 
 I am forever thankful for the transformation that God is doing in my life
 It is uncomfortable at times ALOT
It is imtimidating A LOT
But I have no doubt He is making me a new person
 Molding me
 Creating me into the woman I am meant to be
From the inside out
It is scary and exhiliarating all at the same time
 
But you know what the best part is?
Walking with Him through life is just plain FUN!
Through its highs and lows
The challenges and victories
 Life in a loving and deep relationship with Him...
Is worth it all.
 

 
 

I have been crucified with Christ.
It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.
And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2:20
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post! Wish I could have been there so hear you speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for doing something so far outside your comfort zone! Those are the activities that really challenge and grow us, and the kind we can look back on later with joy. And I agree that choosing to serve God with your whole life is the best choice it's possible to make!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!