Saturday, September 8, 2012

Becoming a Woman of Beauty and Strength

I woke up at 6:15 this morning and have been very productive! I just can't believe how my lifestyle and perspective on the mornings has changed. I write about that concept a lot but it truly has changed my life! The time I spend in the Word is the most important part of my day and I find myself longing for that before I go to bed at night. I find it easier and easier to get up so I have that time to myself in the Word.

***Now if I only could get a good night routine and go to bed earlier!

The devotions I have been spending my time in are called, "Becoming a Woman After Gods Own Heart." Each devotional focuses on a book or person in the Bible and a topic that goes along with it. The author, Elizabeth George, then writes the chapter to reflect and relate to a woman and helps us better understand our role as a woman of faith. I have enjoyed these bible studies and have found myself longing to know more and more about God and my role a Christian woman! I can't tell you how much I have grown in my understanding as a future wife and mother, but most importantly as a woman of faith and child of God. Every day I desire to learn more and more! I can feel a huge change in my perspective on life and becoming a woman of faith. I know I have a ton of growing and more learning to do which, sometimes is overwhelming knowing how much I have been seriously lacking in my faith. However, God has constantly shown me His blessings, love and especially grace over me.

I still am in awe of how much I feel Gods love already. I am excited to see more of Him as I continue to eagerly seek Him more and more everyday.

The one I just started this morning!

Bible studies I have completed since Fall 2011:

Becoming a Woman After Gods Own Heart:
Proverbs 31: Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman.- FAVORITE! 
Luke: Living with Passion & Purpose
Sarah: Walking in God's Promises
1 Timothy: Pursuing Godliness



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!