Wednesday, September 26, 2012

When bad days happen...




Yesterday was a bad day. I was tired. I didn't workout and wasn't eating right. I was overwhelmed at work, unmotivated in many areas in my life. Basically feeling sorry for myself (insert pity party).

This morning has not been much better. I had to run out the door this morning because some things came up at work and I needed to be there to open the office. (Again, insert pity party). I was unable to sit down and pray before the day like I usually do. I have found this to be a really comforting ritual to do before the day begins. 


Even on my way to work I was hoping Spirit 105.3 would calm me down. Nope. I was still feeling sorry for myself and overwhelmed again by the next couple days ahead.  And as I write this, I continue to be anxious about life, work and the days ahead (insert pity party...I am good at these). 





OK, God, I am ready for you to take these feelings away from me!  Nope, still nothing. Still anxious. Still impatient. Huh? Where are you?

God never promised every day is going to be stress free and perfect. No, we will go through trials and tribulations. And I am not going to sit here and write that I am perfectly OK with these days because honestly those days suck. They are draining. 

But I do know enough that God says wait patiently for Him. Do not be anxious about anything. So, I will God. I will sit here wait for You and reflect on the truth when You say "Trust Me and Refuse to Worry. "



 "Wait on the Lord. Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart." -Psalm 27:14

...To be Continued. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!