Friday, September 7, 2012

Mercy Me

Do justice, Love Mercy, Walk humbly with your God...




I have been reading the book "The Resolution for Women" for a while now. It has taken me longer than I thought it would because it is not a novel that I can just skim through. It is not a mindless book.I like to take my time, highlight in it and really take in what I am reading. It makes me think about my life and pushes me to think about areas of my life that may need a little lot of reflection and changes. 

This last chapter the author talked about something that could not help wonder the same thing about my life. 

"I have been on a search my entire life. After accepting Christ at an early age, and then growing in my understanding through the years of what it meant to be a Christian, I began to wonder what He will for me was. I knew He had a purpose, one that He hadn't just concocted on the spur of the moment, one that He had carefully crafted beforehand (Ephesian 2:10), before I was even born. But I often felt like it eluded me, as though it was always just out of reach and out of sight. As a younger woman, when I was navigating which subjects to study, which opportunities to accept, and which direction to pursue, I regularly wished that God would be more clear, more forthright, more plainly obvious about what He wanted me to do at that particular pint in life." 

When Priscilla (author) mentioned that she thought that Gods Will had "eluded her as always out of reach and out of sight" is definitely something I can relate too. I have lived a life of following the rules, a moral and ethical life. I knew who Jesus was and what He did but I was just going through the motions. I felt like I have been "sleeping" through life and my eyes were never fully open to the purpose God has for me. I felt like I have been "waiting" for God to show me His will for my life. Waiting for Him to show himself to me so I can start getting busy!

 It wasn't until last fall, around October, when I committed myself to start praying more and doing daily devotions to know God more. And found Him I did and looking back at my life I have realized He has been there all along. Looking at where He has guided me too and the decisions I thought I made without Him, He helped me. Wow. 

"What if the disclosure of His continued purposed for your life is at least partly dependent on your obedience to what He is already set before you? What if He wants to see your level of faithfulness in responding to what you do know before He fills you in on what you don't? 

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Doesn't get any clearer than that. "He has showed you." Never again can I say that I don't know what He requires of me, what His will is for my life. Sure, there is much more to unfold, and a lot of details left to discover. But this much I do know:

1. Do justice
2. Love mercy
3. Walk humbly with my God. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!