Friday, August 23, 2013

When Life Seems Too Much



Do you ever have one of those days weeks where the world
seems to be crashing down on you? 
Almost crushing

I have had my fair share of those
Especially this week
Something that seemed comfortable and stable wasn't anymore 
What I thought I could handle on my own
What I thought I was strong enough
I ended up being bulled over
I am so weak

But you know what is so amazing?
God isnt weak
God doesnt want us to be weak either



God showed up in a moment of complete weakness last night
I was folding laundry in my room, listening to the radio
 A usual weeknight for me...come join the fun:)
My mind racing
What was going on in my comfortable, stable life?
I was drowning in anxiety and loneliness
Then a song came over the radio with the lyrics  
"God is enough for me. He is everything I need." 
It only took an instant for me to realize that
this was God comforting me
I fell to my knees and cried
Tears of exhaustion
Tears of thankfulness
In the midst of my weakness God found me, comforted me and gave me peace 
Many times I think we try too hard to rescue ourselves
"I can do this on my own. I don't need help."
We internalize our pain and think we are strong to overcome it
We try to hard to be strong because that is what the world tells us
When really it is quite simple
We are human = we are weak
He is God= He is strong
He is our strength 

He is enough
...His grace, His love, His mercy and forgiveness
-----------------------
 






But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
 
Asking an all-loving God, who asks nothing from us,
wants to be our strength, wants to give us peace, is a lot less stressful
 than looking to a world that will only drain us of our strength 



Anxiety comes when we obsess about
what may or may not happen to us.
Peace comes when we obsess about
WHO God is making us to be!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!