Sunday, December 22, 2013

Preparing For Christmas



With just days until Christmas, I sit here not done with my Christmas shopping
I haven't even started wrapping or packing to be home for a couple days
The days before Christmas always seem to be the most busy
Why do I wait for the last minute to do everything?
Why am I feeling anxious that I don't have it all together?

"There is no need to produce or perform or perfect- simply become a place for God
That is all"

That is all?
That seems so easy
Yes, Jessie, that is all 
Make a space for Him this Christmas
Make a space to receive His Grace and Peace
His Love

"You most take hold of God when you simply receive Him in this moment taking hold of you"

 I always seem to feel better when I stop trying to perform my Christmas duties
When I stop trying to produce the perfect gift, card or project
When I stop trying to give everything I have to others
This Christmas I am going to take a moment (or two!) to receive

Yes, receive
No not material gifts
Receive Him
Before we are called to give, we are called to receive

I struggle to receive
Grace? For me?
Blessings? For me?

Only one thing is necessary this Christmas
Be a space for Love to come
Be still just for a moment
Find quietness in the business of the season
Simply receive LOVE
Let yourself be loved this Christmas

"Will you let Me fill all your emptiness with Love? 
Receive My love
Conceive My Grace"
It is for you

"Your greatest gift is not your gifts, 
but your surrendered yes to be a space for God"
- Ann Voskamp 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!