Monday, February 10, 2014

Back to Basics- Motivation Monday


After being out for a week with the flu my life seems a bit really unorganized
Today I was sitting at my desk catching up on emails and my mind started to wonder
I honestly cant even tell you what I was thinking about
Maybe about the week ahead of four athletic events
Or maybe because I had a meeting with my boss
Or that I need to work out but I cant walk up the stairs without feeling tired
One anxious thought after another

These past couple days after being sick I have felt more anxious than usual
Thoughts of feeling inadequate, lazy, and unmotivated flooded my mind

I have been living the enemies lie that my life has to be organized, planned out and inspiring 
ALL the time 
 
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, 
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Phil. 4:6-7 


A simple verse, one that many of us know by heart
One that we learn very early in our walk
But do we truly understand what it means
Do we actually reflect and meditate to feel that peace He promises?

I was reminded of this verse this morning
I opened my Bible and read it
Over and over again 

I let the world drown out
His promise come in

...there it was
peace 

Today He showed me His compassion
He showed me His love for His children
He showed me just how simple He is



 
If you want to know God
If you want to experience His peace
That peace that transcends ALL understand
Lets get back to basics
Start in His Word






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!