Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Learning to Trust

Trust him enough to let things happen without striving to predict or control them. Relax, and refresh yourself in the Light of His everlasting love.

(from Jesus Calling 10/10/12)
All too often I find myself  "projecting" myself into the future. I think, I long, I desire for the future. I find myself rehearsing what I will say, what I will do in certain situations. For example, if you follow me on Pinterest you will see that I have my whole future wedding planned out. I know what dress I want, what flowers I will have in my bouquet, all the way down to what vows I want to say. So when I say I rehearse the future, I literally rehearse the future! And I know that thinking about my wedding is not a sin. What girl doesnt think abut their wedding!? However, when I start to think that I can control my future, or when I start to think that I can be self-sufficient in my future is when my thoughts become dangerous and I stray from the truth. "This is a subtle sin- so common that is usually slips by unnoticed." And in my case, all too often.

I find myself longing for those future plans, living in the future and not being fully present. Not trusting where I am NOW.  Philippians 4:19 says, "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."

Therefore, today I will commit to live fully in the present, depending on God in each moment, rejoicing in His abundant supply in my life. I will strive to train my mind to seek His help continually, even when I feel competent to handle something by myself. I will learn to rely on Him in some EVERY situation.

This discipline will enable me to enjoy life more and to face each day confidently.




3 Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
Psalm 37:3-6


These are pictures I took yesterday during my evening walk to Starbucks.  I sure am blessed to live in such beauitful city.I hope I never take for granted the amazing beauty of these sunsets.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!