Friday, February 8, 2013

Who Says...

...shoes cant change your life!?

Well, I have never been one to be obsessed with shoes
In fact, I have had the same pair of running shoes for the past 3 years
I think it was time to move on
I headed down the road to Super Jock n Jill
I tried on a couple shoes, ran around the block a couple times, and ta da!
They are not Nike or Adidas
Nope, to me these are true running shoes
My first pair New Balances
I am actually excited to run for once:)




My last couple post have been about worrying, not trusting enough, feelings in certainty and feeling vulnerable to this new task in front of me
This new life perspective

I was humbly asked WHY by a coworker of mine
Why do I feel this way when God has so CLEARLY showed me the way?

God has CLEARLY prepared me for this
God has so CLEARLY placed this passion in front of me
He has given me the motivation to pursue so many dreams of mine
That I am sure of
Why am I worrying I wont be able to accomplish this one?

God never promises it will be easy
In fact, He guarantees we will have problems in this life
I will have days when I mentally and physically will feel like I cant run another step
But our problems should never be our focus
Call to Him for help
He knows my weaknesses
He promises to always meet me in that very place


My sister sent me these Pinterest quotes last night
Oh, Pinterest, what did we ever do without you?





Back to Basics
My nephew has this Bible and I was reading it the other day at their house
Though I am familiar with most of the stories in the bible, this book does a great job of simplifying those stories in a way that is easier for children and adults like me to understand
And sometimes it is good to go back to basics




"No, this Bible isn't a book of rules, or a book of heroes
The Bible is most of all a story
It is an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far country to win back His lost treasure
It is a love story about a brave Prince who leaves His palace-His throne-everything
- to rescue the one He loves
It is like the most wonderful of fairy tales that has come true in real life!

The best thing about this Story is- it is true
There are lots of stories in the Bible, but all the stories are telling one Big Story
The Story of how God loves His Children and comes to rescue them

It takes the whole Bible to tell this Story
And at the center of the Story, there is a baby
Every Story in the Bible whispers His name

He is like the missing piece in a puzzle- the piece that makes all the other missing pieces fit together, and suddenly you see a beautiful picture
And this is no ordinary baby..."

Simple and beautiful



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!