Monday, February 11, 2013

Secret Rescue Plan



To My children,

You are all wondering away from me, like sheep in an open field. You have always been running away from me. And now you are lost. You can’t find your way back.

But I can’t stop loving you. I will come to find you. So I am sending you a Shepherd to look after you and love you. To carry you home to me.

You have been stumbling around, like people in a dark room. But into the darkness, a bright Light will shine! It will chase away all the shadows, like sunrise.

A little baby will be born. A Royal Son-His mommy will be a young girl who doesn’t have a husband, His name will be Emmanuel, which means “God has come to live with us.” 







He is one of Kings David’s children’s children’s children. The Prince of Peace.

Yes, Someone is going to come and rescue you! But he wont be who anyone expects.
He will be a King! But he wont live in a palace. And he wont have lots of money. 
He will be poor. And he will be a Servant. But this King will heal the whole world.

He will be a Hero! He will fight for His people, and rescue them from their enemies. 
But he won’t have big armies, and he wont fight with swords.

He will make blind see, he will make lame leap like deer! He will make everything the way it was always meant to be. 
But people will hate him, and they wont listen to him. 
He will be like a Lamb-He will suffer and die.

It is the Secret Rescue Plan we made- from before the beginning of the world!




It is the only to get you back.

But he wont stay dead- I will make him alive again! 
And, one day, when he comes back to rule forever, the mountains and trees will dance and sing for joy!

The earth will shout out loud! His fame will fill the whole earth- as the waters cover the sea! Everything sad will come untrue. Even death is going to die! And he will wipe away every tear from every eye.

Yes, the Rescuer will come. Look for him. Watch for Him. Wait for him. He will come.

I promise.

Love, God
-----------

Does it sound too good to be true? 
A story that ends happily ever after? 
Well, it does sound like a fairy tale, doesn’t it? 

And, as the world may be quick to tell me fairy takes aren’t true…
...and I may not  have found my prince charming (yet!) 
but I know fairy tales do come true






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!