Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Training Day 2




Today was another 3 miles on the treadmill I just can't get myself to run outside yet! 
I don't know why but I have this block in my mind that outside means I am really training 
which is totally silly because news flash Jessie, you are!

Today was a little easier than yesterday 
However I really need to buy some shoes! 
I can tell when the my feet start to hurt that I need more support 
I will buy some this weekend!

Speaking of this weekend, I am running the Valentines Day 5k with my cousin Brian!
I am excited to spend sometime with him this weekend
Since I need to run 4 miles this Saturday and a 5k is only 3.1 I will be running my 4 miles on Sunday with my sister
Always better with a running partner!

It has only been 2 days of actual "training" but I am already having a hard time with running
I have never been a runner and I am scared I wont be able to keep this up!
But I need to remember that if I need to take a walking break then I can
I also know better shoes will help a ton!

Plus, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me" right?! :)
Phil. 4:13
----------------------






On a different note, I am continually amazed at the doors God is opening in my life
This past Monday I found out I will be going to Montana this summer
 Myself, Donte and Jason Durocher will be the taking two athletes from each team for a leadership, character building, spiritual week long retreat
Count me in

Not only do I get to travel to one of the most beautiful areas in the nation
Not only do I get to know some SPU athletes better
But I GET the opportunity to minister
I get the opportunity to be set an example
I get the opportunity to share my faith
I get the opportunity to share the gospel 
I have seen a couple pictures of the ranch- mountains, river, amazing sunsets- breathtaking
I get to worship and praise the Lord in the midst of one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen
Count me in

I am continually amazed at how God has not only presented me these opportunities 
but has prepared me for these opportunities
If you would have asked me even a couple months ago I don't know if I would be ready
The more I grow in my faith
The more I get to know God
The deeper my relationship grows
The more I get involved with children's charities
The more I get to know the student-athletes each day
The more I serve and open my heart...
The more I see how God has prepared me for everything He has put in my path

God doesn't call the equipped
He equips the called




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!