Monday, November 11, 2013

Remembering- Day 10 & 11


A beautiful day in Enumclaw today 

Day 10
3 Gifts Found in Bible reading 

This one hits home real hard today
I haven't been doing my morning devotions the past couple mornings and I am noticing
I can tell I am more anxious, more on edge for what the day holds
Even now as I am writing this I am anxious for what the week holds
The peace that I find from reading the Bible is not there

The Bible is the Word of God and is powerful and life changing
All promise are inspired by God- 2 Timothy 3:16 
And you guys, the Bible is full of His promises!

Here are 3 of my favorite gifts

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.


Matthew 11:28-29
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.




John 14:27
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.




Day 11
3 Gifts in Remembrance 

Something so special and magical about the season of fall 

1- Today I was reminded of the beauty of seeing fall through the eyes of a child- or toddler :) My dad was busy raking up the leaves that have taken over their yard so we took my nephew Jace (13 months) outside to play. At first he wasn't quite sure what to do with the leaves but you could see his mind spinning. He would bend down and touch them, then try and kick them. 
I think he was in awe of the beauty of fall :)
Next year we will be piling those leaves up for him to jump in!


2- The gift of remembering my past with gratitude and thankfulness that none of my plans worked out because God has more in store for me than I can ever imagine or ever plan. 
Keeping my hopes higher than ever tonight! 



3- Today we are reminded of the sacrifice that many men and women have made and make everyday for our freedom. 

 "Greater love has no one than this; to lay down ones life for ones friends" 
John 15:13
Thank you Veterans





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!