Monday, November 25, 2013

Ugly-Beautiful Day 25




Day 25 
3 Gifts Ugly-Beautiful


1- Crying- like deep from the soul, gut wrenching, ugly face cry. Girls, you know what I am taking about. Crying is not always a "sad" thing. I cry when I am frustrated, when I am happy and excited, and lately I have found some tears when I am praying at night. But you know what, crying is good for the soul. It helps release tension, pours out emotion, excitement, joy, pain or frustration. Yet, when we find the tears all dry, a peace can be found and that is a beautiful thing
Go ahead, open the flood gates and let it rain

2. Enjoy every single moment. The good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly- 
THANK GOD through it all. 



3. My life. Lets be honest there are some parts of my life that are pretty ugly. And I don't mean the laundry that is piling up next to my bed. Times I wish I would have been bolder, stronger, smarter and more confident. There are moments I said things that I wish I could take back. I remember times I wish I said something different or even worse take back what I said. 
I was not always the best example of living a Christ-like life. 

Jesus doesn't care how "ugly" our lives were or are 
He knows we are human and fall short sometimes daily 
He knows our past sins and the future ones
He knows we make mistakes, do and say the wrong things...a lot
But Jesus..
Jesus loves us anyway
He forgives us anyway
He gives us grace freely and abundantly anyway
He brings us salvation anyway
He sacrificed for us anyway
He shows us the way, truth and the only life worth living
...And that is beautiful 

My life is beautiful because of Christ
We are beautiful in Him
Not by who we are, because as I mentioned we can be ugly as humans
He makes us beautiful because that is who HE IS


"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!