Friday, November 1, 2013

One Thousands Gifts Day 1


One Thousand Gifts 
by Anna Voskamp

So according to the guys in lab coats with thick glasses –
 they say November is the month of the year that depression is most likely to spike.

Clouds can press low in November, the dark underbelly of things pressing to close.
And the guys in lab coats, they also say this:

That if you write down 5 things a day you are grateful for
Your happiness set point rises like a flame in the dark:
you feel 25% happier.  Like a pushing back of the dark.

How we behold determines if we hold joy. Behold glory and be held by God.
How we look determines how we live … IF we live.

The strange quiet paradox of this — our lives change when we receive life with thanks  – and ask for nothing to change.

Let the rain fall in November.  Let the clouds scuttle west. Let the kettles whistle of better things.
And let the thanks rise.




"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus"
Phil. 4:19


I am first and foremost thankful for my Lord and Savior
The time I spend with Him  

Finding time to get to know Him
How He lived
How He loved
Growing closer to Him has been one of the best adventures
The most important part of my day
If I have not started these quiet times two years ago
If not for God humbling me to realize how much I need Him
If not for God grabbing a hold of my heart;
This blog, this life I am living in complete surrender to the Lord would not be as complete as it is now

These quiet times are what gives me peace, joy, excitement, surrender and what brings me into a closer relationship with our Savior

 My relationship with Him  allows me to graciously live in complete grace, love, forgiveness and redemption.

------  

Day 1
3 Gifts Eaten

1- Passion tea from Starbucks- red cups are here! Comfort and the Holidays in a cup!

2- Warm tomato soup during dinner with my parents downtown in Enumclaw. 

3- AdvoCare-  Every.Single. Day. Seriously I never never felt better. I love the feeling of taking better care of my body through the highest quality products. I love this company and opportunity it has given me to reach my fitness goals and life dreams (more on this later)



Will you join me this month?




1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! I'm definitely going to try to do this! 5 things everyday!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!