Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Joy, Peace and Hope- Day 13


Day 13
3 Gifts Behind a Door

Thoughts of doubt, anxiety and uncertainty 
So silly right? 
I mean it is the season of Thankfulness
And for petes sake I even put up the Giving Tree at work!
However, there they were today

I told myself it was ok
Then I felt guilty I wasn't grateful
Then I was ok...
One roller coaster of emotions
A vicious cycle of emotions
Do you ever feel that way?
It is not only exhausting but most importantly, it is not the way we are supposed to live 

I looked to the only truth that makes sense in life
The Word
And you know what it reminded me?

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances

In ALL circumstances, Jessie
Even when I am full of doubt, anxiousness and uncertainty
Even when I am tired and weary
Even if....
IN ALL things give THANKS

I sat in my car for awhile before I walked into my house after work
I knew I needed some good ol' fashion clean up of the heart
I turned on my Christmas music and I started saying, out loud, everything in my life I am thankful for

Something happened deep in my soul 
The load lightened
My thoughts turned towards blessings
And even though it was small, a grateful smile returned
My heart started to beat joy 
I am blessed

3 Gifts Behind a Door

1- JOY- behind the door of self-pity
"For the JOY of the Lord is our strength" Nehemiah 8:10 

2- PEACE- behind the door of anxiousness
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts" 
Phil. 4:6-8 

3- HOPE- behind the the door of uncertainty
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

Joy, peace and hope are always right behind the door if you are only willing to open it and walk through





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!