Friday, July 19, 2013

One Year Journey



Welcome to my blog!

This is my story of the past year
With so many new doors opening and opportunities coming in my life 
I needed a place to write my thoughts down

I gave my heart to Christ when I was 13 and been truly blessed with an amazing, very safe life
But I was not living a life surrendered to the Lord 
After years of trying to plan out my own life, my own way
I was exhausted, unsatisfied with where my life was going 
I was looking and wanting more

I prayed that the Lord would show me His will for my life 
Show me how He wants to use me for His kingdom-not mine
It has been a year since I decided to fully surrender my life to the Lord

To just let go...
Fully surrender
Search farther
Believe deeper
Trust more
Dream bigger


I haven't traveled all over the world (yet), I am have no husband or children (yet) 
I haven't done anything extravagant by the worlds standards 
In fact, being on this journey of "finding myself" God has turned my world upside down
 I have lost more of myself then I dared believed 
but found The One where my true identify lies

We serve a big God so shouldn't our dreams be just as big?
He has placed big dreams, goals and passions on my heart I never thought possible
I finally decided to just let go and let God take over
Yes, there are some many days when I try and take control again 
and God quickly reminds me He is in charge 

I am discovering over and over His plan is WAY better than mine 

When we finally believe that we were created by God and for God 
When we finally decide to surrender to His Will
He places us on the ride of our lives...

...And that is a ride I want to be on forever  



-----------------------

Highlights and favorite blog posts from my past year

July 2012
Let the adventure begin! My very first blog post!
I experienced my first Creation Fest
I traveled to Memphis to tour St. Jude Children's Hospital 

August 2012
I discovered that maybe I am a morning person
I don't have to have all the answers 
Keep fighting the good fight 

September 2012
Becoming a Women of beauty and strength
I celebrated my 27th birthday
My beautiful, more precious nephew was born

October 2012
We are chosen for ministry 
The importance of praying for my future husband 
My dad had a birthday and Halloween!

November 2012
30 Days of Thankfulness

December 2012
Tis the Season
Purpose Driven Life- Big Dreams!
Marriage and Mission
The true present of Christmas



January 2013
Looking at the year 2013 
God is LOVE
God wants Followers 
Dream it. See it. Write- Africa!

February 2013 
Do you need rest? 
The day of LOVE
You are worth more
Dream without fear

March 2013
A Dream fulfilled 
We are made for great adventure 
Dear 18 year old Jessie

April 2013
He is Risen 
When you forget your cell phone 
Heaven on Earth- Chris Tomlin concert 

May 2013
St. Jude Half Marathon
The Jessie Rees Foundation
He Knows 

June 2013
Climbing the Mountains of Montana

July 2013
Ignite Gods passion in your life 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!